Saturday, November 04, 2006

Closure

We recently finished the first block Prologue. Unfortunately, I do not feel that all the loose ends were resolved; we got a bit of this and that, but they haven't fit together in a big picture yet. The purpose, I suppose, of Prologue is to set the stage for the rest of the blocks, and I think they did that fairly effectively. I have a good grasp of anatomy (and supposedly radiology), cell biology (including histo/path and immunology), and molecular biology/pharmacology to tackle the more complex issues of the subsequent Organs block. The exam was very fair; in the anatomy practical, they didn't test all the detailed muscles of the limbs, but rather key concepts like the innervation of a certain compartment or the dermatomes that can be tested by poking an area of skin. On the written test, only the immunology problems were a little far-fetched. Unfortunately, per exam policy, I can't give an example of such a question. I felt that we only touched the surface of the different subjects, leaving many complex issues up in the air, to be confronted as the year goes on.

No comments: