Tuesday, August 04, 2009

ID

My next four weeks are on the infectious disease consult service at SFGH. It should be very educational and a lot of fun. Being on a consult service is entirely different than my last few months and it's delightful. The cases we get are interesting and challenging. Primary teams really appreciate our input. There's less busywork and the hours are more flexible. There's a smaller body of information to master. I tend to like depth of knowledge over breadth and that fits this rotation. The team is made up of a fellow, two residents, and two students. We get a lot of independence in seeing consults but the fellow and attending make sure our recommendations are solid. There's a lot of time for teaching. This will be the rotation where I actually learn my antibiotic spectra.

No comments: