Friday, October 02, 2009

Clinical Therapeutics

This month I'm taking a lecture-based course called clinical therapeutics. Focusing more on treatment than diagnosis, it covers a wide base of topics from angina to contraception to anesthetics to geriatric pharmacology to pediatric medications to antipsychotics. It's a pretty ambitious task. Each session is accompanied by evidence-based articles and most sessions are case-based seminars. I'm looking forward to this course because much of medicine so far has focused on diagnosis rather than treatment, and before I become a house officer next year, I want to get a better sense of medications. It's also very nice to see classmates again; this is my first non-clinical rotation and though I miss patients, I am able to focus more time on learning. Hopefully this will also be a good time for Step 2 Boards preparation.

No comments: