Sunday, July 04, 2010

Break

The break between medical school and residency was about a month. It was fantastic. We are "real doctors" yet have no responsibility. I stayed for a bit in San Francisco and some time at home in Southern California. During my free time, I visited a host of museums like the Museum of Modern Art, Walt Disney Museum, and California Academy of Sciences (again). I spent time exploring the city, revisiting favorite places, and hanging out with friends (doctors!). I also moved down to Menlo Park in preparation for residency. Overall, it was a time for relaxing, recharging, and mentally preparing for this ordeal that I've just started.

I really will miss San Francisco. It is a fabulous city. It took a while to grow on me with its odd streets, lack of parking, hills and valleys, but now I'm really attached. Compared to the suburbs where I grew up, San Francisco has character. Its nooks, crannies, pink houses, and hole-in-the-wall places make me smile.

Happy Independence Day, everyone.

Image of SFMOMA shown under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License, from Wikipedia.

No comments: