Sunday, December 09, 2012

Interview Season

Already, we find ourselves halfway through the interview season for potential residents. For those who've stumbled upon this blog looking for anesthesia or Stanford's program, welcome and good luck! I really enjoy meeting all the prospective residents; they have amazing stories, interests, and backgrounds. I know it's the time of year when applicants feel pretty worn out and residents realize they have seasonal affective disorder, but I really do feel strongly about putting an honest, open, and supportive face to our program. I remember the red-eyes, the hotels, the wrinkled suits, and I try to welcome all our potential applicants warmly. It's a really tough time, and also a really eye-opening experience. If anyone comes across this blog and has a question about our specific program, I'm happy to answer comments to this post.

No comments: