Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for what I have, imperfect as it may be. I am slowly learning this harsh lesson, that nothing in life is perfect. Family, friends, work, marriage, self; they all have rough ends that need to be smoothed. The perfectionist in me wants to get everything just right, but I'm trying to change my perspective to viewing everything as the cliched journey rather than the destination. I accept the mistakes I make, the faults I have, the flawed expectations I have come to idealize. I learn to appreciate that which I have, which is more than I deserve, and which is more than many people ever get in their life. I am thankful for being loved, for those who care for me, for a job that gives me such tremendous satisfaction, for personal activities filled with creativity and joy. I am also thankful for those life lessons I am learning, for those nudges that guide me to becoming a better person.

No comments: