Sunday, July 26, 2009

Something New

This week I have something new and unrelated to medicine. I'm participating in the 29th annual Napa Valley Writers' Conference, a week-long writers' workshop with lectures by nationally recognized poets and authors. It's very exciting; I applied for a scholarship without expecting much and here I am with this impromptu rotation. I managed to schedule two weeks of vacation at this time to allow me to participate. I'm looking forward to it; the conference will allow me to create new work, refine old work, hear lectures from outstanding faculty, and listen to readings. Although I try to make it to weekly workshops at UCSF, this will be a dedicated focused time for writing. It's at St. Helena in Napa Valley, and I'm staying with a host family. This week's blogs will be related to the art and craft of writing rather than medical stuff - so if you're not into that, please take a week-long vacation.

No comments: