Friday, March 15, 2013

1700

Happy Match Day! Today, thousands of eager graduating medical students find out their residency "match" - where they will spend their next three to seven years of training. It reminds me of the passage of time, that soon I will be in my final year of anesthesia, and that my friends a year above me will find themselves in practice or fellowship. I remember my match day - that anticipation, nervousness, and excitement hearing from the faceless computer that determines our fate.

Similarly, my peers from internal medicine are graduating this year. I formed such wonderful bonds, friendships, and camaraderie my intern year as we toiled, learned, commiserated, and grew together. Now, I am so thrilled for them as they enter fellowships and find jobs. All of them are outstanding physicians and I love hearing where everyone is going and what they will be doing. Congratulations!

No comments: