Monday, October 23, 2006

Out on a Limb

The last four anatomy labs have focused on the extremities. They are really complicated, but that's in part because I have never studied them in any depth before. The arm, forearm, thigh, and leg are all divided into multiple compartments. Each compartment has several different muscles (some muscles have four words in the name: extensor carpi radialis brevis), unique innervation, and its own vascular system. The hand and foot have a range of motions, muscles, and neurovascular structures. This is very good for people in general, allowing us to type out blogs and such. But it's very bad news for medical students. I'm never going to be able to say, "I know that like the back of my hand" again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man Craig, its stuff like this that makes me so excited for med school haha. Hope things are well!