Saturday, May 10, 2008

Orthopedic Surgery III

I'm not sure this really counts since it was only two weeks, but I just finished my first rotation! It was fun. I feel like I got a decent sense of sports medicine and a flavor of orthopedics. The faculty was really enthusiastic to teach us, the residents were great, and I loved the patients. I finally learned how to do a proper knee exam and am doing a little better with the shoulder. I worked on general clinical skills like reading imaging studies and doing H&Ps. I did a presentation on Achilles tendon rupture which went well. I had a few days in the OR which I really enjoyed. I'm pretty sure I'm not headed into sports medicine, but I really have a newfound appreciation for it. I've realized I can't rule out doing a surgical field in the future.

No comments: