Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

A few of my closest college friends got together for Thanksgiving this year, and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. I was lucky enough to get three days off, and I opted for playing rather than resting. We did an amazing amount in the last couple days: walking on the beach at Carmel, chopping open a giant pumpkin, mushroom hunting along Pebble Beach, gingerbread house making, an elaborate Thanksgiving dinner, late-night conversations. I was a little worried about hosting a handful of friends during this busy rotation, but I loved every moment.

Every year, I contemplate the things I am grateful for, often very particular and personal aspects of my life. This year, Thanksgiving Grace is in honor of the soldiers, airmen, servicemen, and women in America and abroad who may not be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with their friends and family, who may be far removed from the people they cherish, who sacrifice much to protect those values of our nation. I hope for a swift and safe return of those stalwart defenders watching over us. Itadakimasu.

No comments: