Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Library

I have rediscovered the library. Once a treat of childhood, a staple of high school, a dungeon of college, I seemed to have lost it for a few years and now found it again. Perhaps this is anesthesia allowing me some breathing space to read for pleasure. I picked up a few books including Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird, a humorous and candid portrayal of life as a writer. It reminds me that to be a writer, one must read and read fervently. One must also write those awful first drafts, the spillage of racing thoughts onto print, and in some ways, that is the composition of this blog. Maybe one day, this will coalesce into something coherent and solid, but for now, thank you for following my ramblings, and if you have suggestions for things to read - anything - please let me know.

No comments: