Sunday, January 18, 2015

Nostalgia


Walking down Palm Drive, through sandstone arches, under starlit open skies, down familiar hallways, I get pangs of nostalgia as I think of leaving Stanford. In bits and pieces, it has been home for almost a third of my life, and in six months, I will have to say goodbye. It is a beautiful campus and a wonderfully nurturing environment. I have learned so much here, found so many dear friends, basked in the wisdom of so many mentors, struggled through so many challenges, made so many irreplaceable memories.

I'm not sure what's triggered these last two blogs, but perhaps it is this impending transition, where I will strike out from the ivory tower and see if I can make a place for myself. I will miss that which has sheltered me for so long, and perhaps some day, I will find an opportunity or occasion to return.

Image shown under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License, from Wikipedia.

No comments: