Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Turf

The term "turf" is sometimes used in medical settings, referring to the act of sending a patient to another service. For example, a surgeon might be preparing for an elective surgery on a patient, only to find that the patient has a fever. He might then turf the patient to internal medicine, where they will take care of the presumed infection first. I might blog in the future about these odd hospital terms.

In any case, today I will be lazy and turf the blog to a post by one of my classmates Stephanie. Her blog is very insightful, literary, and entertaining. Since it also describes the first year of medical school, it might be a good counterpoint to this blog. It's certainly worthwhile reading and deserves many praises, but I will direct you to a post that I found particularly entertaining about the city of San Francisco.
http://ucsfsynapsemed1.blogspot.com/2007/01/my-secret-crush-on-san-francisco.html
In that San Francisco post, I especially like the pun in, "Of course, [...] San Francisco has her faults..."

Stephanie's blog is here: http://ucsfsynapsemed1.blogspot.com/

No comments: