Monday, January 01, 2007

2007

With the New Year, I tend to re-evaluate the things I spend time on, including this blog. Recently, I have become somewhat interested in reading medical blogs. There are a lot of very good ones out there, with entertaining stories, drama, clinical puzzles, and great images. Then, I began wondering what I am doing with this blog. I don't have the experience or knowledge to write about fascinating clinical cases. I don't have X-rays to post or MRI's to interpret. I don't even know how to interpret X-rays and MRI's. My posts don't have great wit or humor or insight. So what am I doing here?

The primary goal of these writings is and has always been to keep a record of my first year of medical school so that when I am old and gray, I will have something to read. I want a somewhat well-written, formal (or at least punctuated and capitalized), regular blog. I think I am somewhat accomplishing those two objectives. I'll try not to let my frequency lag as things get busier and motivation starts dropping.

Beyond that, however, I hope to maintain an entertaining account of events in my life. I try to keep posts at a readable length. I suppose one New Year's resolution will be to add images to the blog. Believe it or not, I began using blogger about six years ago and have maintained this old school text-only format. Times change, however, so I'll begin throwing pictures around.

To anyone who wandered randomly onto this blog, it's a peek into the mind and life of a constantly befuddled, constantly learning first year medical student.

No comments: