Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Advert

I know I generally don't blog about topics unrelated to medicine or medical school, but I wanted to post something about one of my extracurricular activities, a Stanford performing dance group. Every year, Stanford students organize a Viennese Ball, modeled after European waltz balls. This year, I joined the Opening Committee which performs a Strauss waltz and polka at the very beginning of the ball. It's been a whole lot of fun; I love social dance, and it's a good break from medical school.

The 30th Annual Stanford Viennese Ball is this Friday, 16 February 2007 at the Hyatt Regency in Burlingame from 8pm to 2am. I guarantee the Opening Ceremony will be worth attending; our choreographies this year are entertaining, elegant, and exciting. There's even a stochastic dancing section (as I like to call it). There will be two live bands, two dance floors, waltz, swing, salsa, polka, and other social dances. Of course, many Stanford dance groups will perform. I highly encourage anyone interested in social dance to check it out. I believe tickets will be sold at the door.

This is a picture of all 38 of us in our tuxes and dresses in the Main Quad at Stanford. I usually don't post pictures of people since I'm not sure whether people want their pictures posted, but I think it is fine in this case.

No comments: