Monday, February 05, 2007

Take My O2 Away

On Saturday, January 17, we had a "Medical School Formal" with the theme "Take My O2 Away." I'm not really sure what to think of the concept of a med school prom (as many of us called it), but it was fun. It took place at the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf, a really nice venue. I was impressed. There was a lounging area with elegant fountains, fireplaces, and comfortable couches as well as the dance room itself.


In any case, I had dinner at a really cozy French cafe down at Palo Alto with my girlfriend Kate. We then came back up to the city to get ready before heading downtown. Although arriving fashionably late at 10, I found out that the dance didn't really get started until 9:30 or so. It was fun seeing everyone all spiffed up and outside the context of 8am small groups. I really enjoyed that. Although we were only there for a couple hours, it was a really nice evening.

No comments: