Thursday, April 19, 2007

Litany of Words

We finished our metabolism and nutrition block last week. The pace of the class really amazes me; we're moving so quickly and covering so much ground. I think I enjoyed GI and endocrine a lot more than I expected, though perhaps this is because I've found my natural rhythm and groove for studying the material. The block was very internal medicine oriented; most practitioners on a daily basis deal with issues like stomachache or abnormal growth or diabetes. I did not think the biochemistry was too intimidating, and it was nice that the second half (endocrine) had less focus on anatomy, histopathology, and radiology.

At the end of each block, we have to fill out course evaluations. While they are certainly tedious, I guess it's important for course directors to have an idea of the things that are working and things that need improvement. However, I've become increasingly lax about giving specific feedback; I remember at the beginning of the year, I would write paragraphs commenting on the presentation styles of the lecturers, the organization of material, the supplemental online things. Now, I just fill in the bubble for "very good" or "excellent" and move on. Oh well.

No comments: