Wednesday, April 04, 2007

UTEACH Revisit

Back in January, I wrote a few posts about my experience with an elective where I was paired with an expectant mother and helped deliver the baby. Just last week, I met the family for the baby boy Dashiell's two month pediatric appointment. It was wonderful! He was developing well, and I got to see some of the routine things he needed done, including immunizations. He was very cute, happy, and interactive; he especially liked faces with glasses. He wasn't too thrilled about the shots, but did really well with them. I also got to talk to the family about how they were adjusting to a new face in the household. Raising an infant is definitely a full time but very fulfilling job. They were all very happy to see me, and having the continuity of the experience was great.

I also spent some time this afternoon playing with my friend Mika's daughter, who is one and a half. That was a lot of fun. Kids are so adorable, happy, and enjoyable. They really make my day that much brighter.

No comments: