Friday, March 19, 2010

SFGH - As Real As It Gets

I'm back at San Francisco General Hospital for radiology. I've spent nearly half of this year at SFGH and it's really grown on me. When I first started here, I was a little disenchanted by the paper charting, the hallway beds, the hectic bustle. But now I love this hospital. The faculty, staff, and administration are incredibly inspiring and dedicated to serving San Francisco regardless of insurance status, without bias or judgment, with such high standards of care. And even after taking a several month hiatus for interviews and teaching, I sit in on the medicine grand rounds, I see psychiatry faculty in the hallways, and I chat with classmates, and I realize this is a great hospital. The teaching here is outstanding, the attitude is warm and welcoming, the patients are appreciative and dynamic. I am happy to be back at the General.

The two images of SFGH, past and present, are shown under Fair Use, from ucsf.edu.

No comments: