Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Burglary

Our house was burglarized yesterday. I'm still in shock. After a busy pre-Christmas call anesthetizing seven cases, I returned home to find our house in ruins, the door frame shattered, everything astray, valuables missing. The time to process all of this will come. Right now my mind is still reeling that such things happen. What an awful feeling, to be a victim of a crime. And all the things lost that are irreplaceable, memories, sentimentality, security, the feeling of home. To feel ones privacy, sanctuary, safety invaded, rifled, discarded, and missing. More on this later, but I sincerely wish you and yours a safe, happy Christmas.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh no! I'm so, so sorry to hear that. I hope that you are able to rebuild and re-fortify, and that you are able to enjoy your holidays despite this.

on a side note, I just began reading your blog this year and i've really enjoyed it. I'm de-lurking to express my sympathies and say thank you to you for your thought-provoking entries!

Craig said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really means a lot to have the support of a community during a time like this. Thanks also for reading.