Monday, February 25, 2008

Addendum

I wanted to post this in case anyone is using this blog as a strategy for how to play the rotation lottery (which I highly do not suggest). After talking to my friend Emily again, I may be changing my strategy.

In the previous strategies, I was trying to "lock in" a block for each round of the lottery. For example, I was listing things by block: Block 1, Rotation A then B, C, D, E; Block 2, Rotation B, then A, C, D, E.

However, I think I have been slightly convinced that I should instead "lock in" a rotation for each round of the lottery. In this case, I would list by rotation: Rotation A, Block 3, 4, 5, 6, 2, 1; Rotation B, Block 4, 5, 3, 2, 1, 6; etc.

This does not allow "relational" preferences (ie. block A before B) but is probably what I'm going to do.

No comments: