Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Career Fair

We had a career fair to help us navigate the overwhelming number of specialties in medicine. It was more useful than last year when I really had no idea what I was interested in. There were numerous tables with faculty and fourth years to answer questions about the specialty and application process. There were also ten-minute talks about each field.

Here are the specialties I'm considering at the end of second year, when I really know nothing about the clinical aspects of any of these fields (though I presumably know something about the basic science).
1. Anesthesia -> Critical Care
2. Emergency Medicine
3. Internal Medicine -> Cardiology / ID / Hematology
4. Pediatrics -> Cardiology. This is a new one to make it to my list. I just found congenital heart defects to be really really interesting. It's the one thing I liked about embryology.

No comments: