Sunday, March 09, 2008

Final FPC Session

For our final Foundations of Patient Care class, our facilitators took us out to dinner at rnm at 598 Haight. It was quite a good restaurant. While I didn't find the service impressive, the food was really good (grilled hearts of romaine with fuji apples, saint agur, toasted hazelnuts, champagne vinagrette; dungeness crab risotto with baby artichokes, meyer lemon, goat cheese, and tarragon; a fabulous selection of desserts) and the location was fairly good for a group meeting. It was a wrap up session to talk about how we were going to apply classroom concepts to actual patient care next year. It was an odd feeling, knowing that this would be the last time for a while that we would all be gathered together; for the last year and a half, we've had an FPC small group session nearly every week. I've really gotten to know my other five peers and the two facilitators well, and I really love our group. We each have our different strengths and bring a wide diversity to the table. While at first, I wasn't sure about FPC because it seemed so soft and fuzzy, I think the cohesiveness of the group reeled me in. I'm going to miss working, ranting, brainstorming, teaching, and learning with these people. I've had a lot of fun in these sessions, and I really think that I've grown in many ways from interacting with this small group.

No comments: