Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Graduation and July 1

So much has happened, and there's been no time to blog. The next several posts will be about events in my life because I've been going through a lot of transitions lately. I might spend some time narrating my last few months and reflecting on the end of residency. Along with that, I'll have to find time to update different parts of this website and my profile on American Resident Project.

We had graduation a week before our official last-day-of-residency. It was lovely; the department invited our significant others, parents, and families, and it was a wonderful opportunity to introduce them to our faculty and mentors. It was also really fun to meet the families of our co-residents. The graduation dinner really allowed us to celebrate and honor the teachers and peers we've worked with for the last few years. We each got a personal twitch monitor to help us in our professional careers, which I thought was both fun and endearing. We spent the night dancing away with our friends.

Today is July first, and I've written about this day in many blogs in the past. For me, I now wear the badge, privilege, and responsibilities of "critical care fellow." It is very intimidating, and I'm sure many blogs will be forthcoming about what ICU fellowship is like.

No comments: