Saturday, August 18, 2007

Waterfall


Iguazu Falls at the border of Argentina and Brazil, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Summer 2005.

Here's an old quote by Alex Penn. We went to the same high school and college, and he is now in the UCSF-Berkeley JMP (MD-masters) program.
"Bio is so stressful. I think I need some helicase to unwind or some topoisomerase to loosen up. We can go over the material on a cell phone. Seriously, if this were standup comedy, the crowd would be like an amine: a leaving group. Wow, I think I'm quite the comedian. Someone call the lac, I need a promoter."

1 comment:

Alex said...

haha, those are some bad puns. I've inflicted my share of bad jokes on my biochem class this summer (TAing it). I taught transcription and remembering the 5'->3' correction as "put the thang down, flip it and reverse it" (Missy Elliot song).