Friday, August 03, 2007

Sluggy Freelance

Sluggy Freelance is a long-running daily webcomic drawn by Pete Abrams. I love it. One of the things about this comic is that it relies heavily on story arcs that span months to years. This means to understand the comics, you have to start from the beginning (August 25, 1997). But it's a ridiculously fun adventure. It's hard to describe the comic, but I really like the daily gags, the masterful storytelling, and the artwork. It takes a bit of time to really get immersed into the Sluggy world, but it's totally worth it; I read the comic religiously.

If you're looking for a short diversion, Sluggy does hilarious parodies. My favorite is "Torg Potter and the Sorcerer's Nuts" (Torg is one of the key characters in the comic strip). It's a pretty standalone story (though it helps if you've read the first Harry Potter book):
Torg Potter
My favorite comic of that story

No comments: