Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Collaboration

For the end of this block, we had to put together two presentations in small groups (4 people) on designing a research study (which was a lot harder than I originally anticipated; a lot of thought has to go into inclusion and exclusion criteria, assessing outcomes, confounders, etc.) and on a basic sciences journal article. Anyway, we're putting stuff together with Google Documents, and it's really cool. I've used Google Docs before, but never for anything formal or important (I've used it for a list of movies I want to watch and philosophy texts I'm willing to lend). It's awesome to see multiple people updating different slides at once, checking recent revisions, and talking to each other, all with increased efficiency. For a gadget-y person, it's really fun.

No comments: