Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008

This blog has survived through another lap around the sun. Journaling is an interesting concept. Traditional journals are written merely for the writer and the exercise of putting down thoughts, reflections, and events on paper. Now, blogging has made it a performance of sorts. But I don't really have a concrete audience or an overarching theme. So it's writing for myself and letting everyone else peek into my strange and curious thoughts.

In any case, resolutions! The problem is that with upcoming boards and rotations, the future of this blog looks slightly bleak. I think I'm aiming for five posts a week (slightly less than usual) but it'll probably drop when the critical time of USMLE and rotations rolls around. I think early this year I'll have more posts about issues in medicine, personal reflections, thinky-thinky type stuff, but after that, it'll be more of a "what's going on these days." Especially for the wards, I want to record exciting, memorable, and scary stuff as it happens.

1 comment:

Sascha Qian said...

i like that--"survived through another lap around the sun."