Thursday, November 08, 2007

U-TEACH Revisit

Nine months ago I wrote a couple blogs on U-TEACH, an elective that pairs students up with an expectant family to follow the mother through the course of her pregnancy, including delivery. A few days ago, I was able to see the baby boy I helped deliver for his nine month pediatrics appointment! It was really exciting. It was very good to see the mother again, and her son was absolutely adorable. He was really curious and energetic, a handful at the appointment. I was very amused by his fascination with stethoscopes (or things hanging from people's necks) and a stool on wheels. He was lots of fun, eating cheerios and exploring the small exam room. The pediatricians were extremely nice and I got to see a really good exam for a 9-month-old. I also got to see a little more of how great pediatricians interact with patients and their families. All the developmental milestones checked out and other than some changes in sleep patterns, he was a healthy infant. That was really fun.

No comments: